Just put the finishing touches on my photos, and project 1 is officially done and dusted! I think I will mark this as a success.
One thing I didn’t count on, is Mr S.p’s inability to pose for pictures. I copped a few strange looks from people watching me run after this child with a camera begging him for one more photo like a creepy paparazzo.. Oh well, we had fun..
SO! Here are The beach-bum pants, and Mr small pants in person!
I started off with a basic girls harem pants from burda, and to put it mildy, I took the pattern to the “chop shop”. A seam here, a pocket there, and we had a brand spanking new pattern!
I have a whole bunch of these guys in my craft kit, left over from my brief excursion into jewellry making (very brief), so I put them to work as the draw-string dangle doodles.
I wasn’t feeling too confident about pattern making skills, so I did a test sew using a pair of uncle Z’s old batik pants that had a big tear in the bum (thank you unc Z). I even salvaged the drawstring. Less work = more happy.